Why is my resume not working, check out the below helpful hints to improve your resume to get an interview?
- Are you using keywords, action verbs in past tense and industry terminology?
- Are you editing your resume for each job posting?
- Are you illustrating you can do the job?
- Does your education need to be updated to meet the qualifications of the job?
- If you are changing careers, are you highlighting soft skills that can be transferable to the new position?
- Is your experience going back too far or is not related to the position?
- Do you have unexplainable gaps in your work history?
- Are you specific in identifying the job position or objective of your resume?
- Is your resume readable with appropriate font and length size?
- Is your resume error -free including your email and phone number?
If you resume is not working for you, it is time to rewrite or edit it to be appropriate to your career goal and the specifics of the job posting.
Mary Whitaker is a Career Coach at RITE Careers with 15 years experience. She has assisted many individuals from new university or college graduates to people in their 50’s in their career transition to find one’s career goals and career satisfaction. If you need assistance with choosing a career path, resumes writing, job search or interview practice check out our website at www.ritecareer.ca